Do you ever have this grand idea and then begin to think about all the steps you need to take in order to reach that goal? Does it ever seem overwhelming? Let’s take losing weight as an example. The dream is losing 20lbs. When you think about losing 20lbs, you may start to think of all the steps you need to do to get there. And then it begins to become very overwhelming thinking about prepping food and working out and eating right and meal prepping. It begins to appear cumbersome. And this may become so staggering that you end up giving up before starting. Or when you do start, you don’t see results right away, which can get frustrating and then you’re stuck in the starting over and over again cycle.
Sometimes, dreaming about something gets in the way of the action part. That is why it is better to be slightly detached from our expectations and to pay more attention to the actions themselves. So, how do you focus more on the actions? Here’s 5 ways to become more action driven:
- Create a daily list. Don’t overwhelm yourself with too many things on your to-do list, but make a list of 5 major things you want to accomplish that day that will help you succeed in your overall goals. Focus on one small task after the next, which will give you a more simplified action plan.
- Have faith in the work that you do and be humble enough to ask for help. Make a commitment and have faith that your daily commitment will get you to your goals.
- Believe that you can achieve your goals. If you don’t believe in that goal, you’ll never accomplish what you initially set out to do. Set your dreams high, but truly believe that you can achieve these dreams.
- Detach yourself from the steps you think you need to take in order to achieve your dreams. Do you ever start to tell yourself “well, I have to get here before I can get there.” There are no rules set by the universe saying you have to take a certain path in order to achieve your goals, so let go of these expectations.
- Create a positive environment. This will allow you to achieve your dreams. Surround yourself with people who believe in you as well.
In conclusion, we want you to dream big! But, make sure each and every day you are supporting your overall dream by taking it into action!